Friday 28 February 2014

SIR KEN ROBINSON - TED TALK

Hi bloggers,
I came across this inspirational lecture by Sir Ken Robinson.

http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

Although it does not directly link to my inquiry, it is interesting for me as a Teacher to hear the value he puts on the importance of teaching the arts.
I am at the moment reading an article suggesting that the high incidence of boys in special needs education might be attributed to the lack of teaching knowledge around catering to the mindset of boys.

Although, Sir Ken in his lecture discusses the dancer Gilliam Lynne, I can see parallels with the boys I teach  in mainstream education and wonder how many of these fidgeting, hyperactive boys, would thrive in the dance class if dance wasn't so stigmatised by our western perception of masculinity.

Betty x

1 comment:

  1. Betty thanks for this - just checking blogs for updates. Bw

    ReplyDelete